Alone In The Dark 2
alone in the dark 2 solution
This is the COMPLETE EVERYTHING
list for ALONE IN THE DARK pt.2
For comments and questions on this and other games e-mail
This document may be freely exchanged as long as no modifications
are made (AT ALL) and an e-mail telling me where it has
been sent is sent to me.
ALONE IN THE DARK
- GENERAL HINTS AND TIPS
o Fighting can be made really easy by always closing on
your target and
punching them as often as you can. Most of the time, they
shooting toward but behind you. Most of the thompson guys
aimer and they often fire at some spot on the wall instead
of at you.
Stay close to the walls sometimes (specially true in the
o There is a strange bug you can use to go through some
doors and walls.
When you have a sword, close on the door and make the "dive
(when you make one step forward while attacking). You'll
be able to
pass through most of the doors (with VERY erratic results
o This walkthru does not tell you when to drink your flasks
and when to
reload your guns. You might spend a lot more ammo than I
did so maybe
you'll have to improvise. Maybe the walkthru wont tell you
how to get
all the storyline elements (books, pictures, etc.). They
obvious and I know you will get all the things the dead
guys will leave
o Remember that some weapons seems really weak in attacking
power but they
can be very useful when speed is important (the revolver,
the beater and
the good old punch for example).
o A rule of thumb : always take everything a dead guy leaves
think I forgot some stuff like "take the key"
or "take the book" but
you should be able to figure what to take.
o Sometimes, you might get stuck for no obvious reason.
This is the way to
tell you that you're missing an important item to continue
adventure. Be sure to take everything you can and to use
whenever you have a chance.
o Finally, I played the game with the french version and
some objects might
have different names. Sorry for the incovenience and for
my bad english.
I - THE GARDENS
- Kill the guy with your bare hands and take his thompson,
the clip and the
- Run down the alley to the big statue of the anchor, push
it and enter the
gardens. If you make your move fast enough, you should be
able to avoid
the thompson guys.
- There is someone just behind that corner. Kill him from
the corner and
take the picture.
- Turn right, get rid of the thompson guy, take the clip
and the flask. Go
where that guy came from.
- Take the rope, remember you saw a DIAMOND card.
- Go back where you found the picture, walk to the crossroad.
walk past the crossroad, another "hey you" will
appear. Fill him with lead
and take the way to the top of the screen.
- Now that guy is a real pain. Dont let him close on you.
Stick to the left
wall and fire your thompson at him. If you kill him now,
he wont bother
you again. ( that's the case of most of the bad guys in
the gardens, they
sometimes track you even if you never "met" them).
Go the dead end and
take the clip.
- Go back to the crossroad and go to the bottom of the screen.
There will be
another tough guy in trench coat. Kill him and continue
your way until you
find the grapplin. Another "hey you" will appear.
If you're not fond of
killing, step on the diamond card. If you intend to step
on another card,
well, save first.
II- THE CAVE
- Go straight forward and get rid of that green guy.
- Go take the flask and forget about the ladder for now.
Go to the other
part of the cave.
- Push the chest to make the altar raise. Watch out fot
the ghost! Dont
worry, he's "thompsonable". Take the pirate's
- If you have some "friends" waiting for you at
the entrance (place with 4
cards on the ground), it would be a good idea to use the
metalic jack on
the altar so you can escape via the other trap. If not,
forget about the
jack and get out of the cave.
III - THE GARDENS AGAIN
- If both cases, you should make your way to a 3-ways intesection.
Go in the
L-path, be scared by the demonic face and turn left. Shoot
12-gauge wielding gangster and proceed. (not turning will
get you back near
the crossroad, geez, you're so curious, trust me a little
- Cut the weaving branches with your saber and SAVE! See
that little brown
spot behind the trees? That's Shorty Leg and he's quite
tough to kill.
Best way to kill him is to hide behind the statue and use
you've got, especially the revolver.
Dont worry about spending all your ammo. Just kill him.
- Take the flask and use the grapplin. Use the grapplin
again to make the
statue's arm move and enter.
IV - THE BASEMENT
- Darn! No more weapons! Take everything you see (a nickel,
a crank and a
- You can cry on Stryker's corpse if you want but take his
notes and the
pick. Pushing Stryker off the cliff seems a bad idea but
i never did it.
Lemme know if it changes something later in the game...:)
- To open the locked door, you need to use the paper under
the door then the
pick. You'll get the key and you'll get inside.
- There are two ways to get rid of that sitting guy :
The "nice" way : Get behind the barrel, just beside
the lever. Use the
paper bag twice, wait until the guy raises to his feet and
push the lever.
The "direct" way: Tease the guy, fight with him
and try to make him fall
- Take the shotgun, the book and the flask. Go right behind
clock and use the crank to open the secret passage. go there
and take the
- To get rid of Musicman, just tear his pact (the paper
you used to get the
key). Dont forget to take the hook.
- As you might hear now, there is some heavy shooting nearby.
beater and go to the door. DONT GO UPSTAIRS YET!!!
- To kill those two guys, stay in the doorway shoot the
first guy, go
backward and wait for the other guy to show up.
- Those two guys were shooting at some rotating cards. Try
to align 4
diamonds to open the door. 90 degrees rotations are possible,
have to be well positioned.
- Kill that guy and get into the cellar. Get the flask and
(HINT: save before drinking). Use the nickel in the slot
machine to get
two tokens. You might also take the book in the back of
- Return to the shooting gallery. Kill that guy and take
the bag. You can
also try to get the bag w/o worrying about the guy because
he's so drunk,
but he might shows up a while later...
Or, you can try to leave the whiskey bottle nearby so he
can party all
night (he will never show up again...party indeed).
- Open the bag and put on the Santa suit. Okay, you look
silly, but at least
that little pest upstairs wont alarm everyone.
V - THE HOUSE
- Turn right and make your way to the kitchen. Watch out
for the statue! Try
to walk near the door.
- In the kitchen, take the frying pan and get near the eggs.
Listen to what
T-Bone tells you and get ready to fight him. The pan is
the best weapon
because it will block incoming darts.
- Take the wine from the stove and the poison beside the
dumbwaiter. Use the
poison with the wine.
- Get near the door in front of the statue and drop your
special wine. Wait
- Big Evil Hint : To get rid of that little pest walking
down the hall and
to remove any danger from the statue, wait until that little
before the statue and start running to trigger the trident.
Duck in the kitchen and wait for result. Voila!
- Go through the door you opened with the wine and use your
two tokens in
the juke-box in front of the statue.
The golden token will make a doublon appear and the wooden
token will open
- Get in the new room and take all the war material (bulletproof
- Now go just beside the statue with the trident and take
the crown. Go
upstairs. (i know, i know, there are still two doors left
closed, more on
- Kill that laughing zombie first. Best way to do it is
too close on him and
punch, close again, punch, etc. He'll always miss you with
his gun and
you wont have any problems getting rid of him (it will take
though). Open the door and get in the hall. Open the door
in the middle
- The guy will throw a derringer. Take it and use it quick.
Take the sword.
There are a scroll and a book to find in the bookshelf.
Get back in the
hall and open the nearest door (the other door at the end
of the hall is
the bathroom, no need to go there).
- The two ghost arms are protecting the other half of the
scroll. It is not
required to get the scroll but strongly suggested if you
want to solve
the next puzzle by yourself. Use the sword to kill the arms,
beside the window, hack, get back, hack again and so on.
- CHESS AND MAGIK (the riddle) : Use the crown on the white
statue. Go in
the magic room and take the amulet. (the door in the magic
room is another
- BOSS! BOSS! I CANT GET THE AMULET !!! WHAT'S HAPPENIN'
No sweat, you simply forgot to take an item somewhere. Most
of the time
it's the doublon. Just re-read the walkthru and try to get
- Two things to take, a flask and a note. Open the door
and go immediately
to the left and take the thompson with the clip. Stay right
where you are
and get ready to thompson two baddies. If you still have
vest, there is no problem, otherwise, try to make the gangster
fire on the
karateka. (remember to USE you bulletproof vest though)
- Take the grenade and the key. Dont open the door yet.
Get in the open room
and use the doublon in the jack-in-the-box. Take the pompon.
- Now open the door and get inside the room. The only way
to get rid of the
clown is to throw the pompon through the archway. The right
difficult to find. Let the clown go after the pompon and
use the grenade
in the chimney. SAVE!!!. Go down.
- The grenade killed two of the baddies but there are still
a lot of people
down here. The best way to kill them all is to get out as
fast as you can
and wait for them in the kitchen or the lobby. Slash them
when they go
through the door. The beater is one of the bet weapon because
fast. If someone finds an easy way, let me know.
- Take the red ball from the christmas tree and go upstairs
again in the
- Use the ball on the big box with holes. Use the key on
the door and go
inside. Wait for result and dont panic.
- Listen to what Jack tells you and when he's done, use
the hook to get out
- You can try anything you want but you'll always get captured
The wisest thing to do is to go downstairs and walk toward
VI - THE CUTE PART : PLAY AS GRACE SAUNDERS!!!
- If you havent figured out that you're now Grace, well...First
thing to do
is to try all those cute moves (gna gna gna gna). Now push
the plank so
you can get out. Go near the parrot, take the seeds, the
sandwich and the
pepper. Give the seeds to the parrot if you want a clue.
- Get out of the room and IMMEDIATELY go to your left. Hide
in the small
niche until the pirate stops walking. Go back to the ladder
as fast as you
can. By the way, it's the ladder at the end of the hall,
not the middle
one. You dont have much time until the pirate starts chasing
you again so
make it quick.
- Dont tease that pirate and climb the other ladder.
- Now you're going to play hide and seek with the crew.
You must find a safe
way to the open hatch without anyone noticing you. Go behind
guy. Make your way to the edge of the ship and get behind
By the way, for a cute moment, try to fall into the Start
Before going down, take the flint&steel on the deck.
| Boxes |_| End
Mast | X Mast
|_| | Boxes
- Take the small cannon from the chest, the vase from
the shelf and the
stick next to the bed.
- Now, position yourself right in front of the door, put
down the cannon,
use the pepper on the cannon. Throw the vase, wait until
the pirate comes
close and use the flint&steel on the cannon. Take the
bell and get out of
- Go through the door in front of you. Take the chicken's
foot, get near the
blue plate, ring the bell and get inside the dumbwaiter.
Take the key.
- Use the key on the locker in the kitchen and get the molasse
freezer. When you'll try to get out of the kitchen, you'll
hear a familiar
"hey you!". Get back in the kitchen and use the
freezer or the molasse in
Actually, you will need both of these objects to get rid
of two zombies.
If you use the molasse in the kitchen, it wont be on the
you'll return. Do not worry, it's still there and it still
- Go upstairs and do the same thing with the molasse or
the freezer. Go to
the pool room. Get the token if you want (havent the slightiest
what to do with it). Go into the room with the cell and
use the stick
behind the desk with the broken plate in the corner of the
find the key and another book.
- USING THE TOKEN : about that strange evil force, well,
i dont know...:)
- The door to the chamber and magic room will now open.
Get into the magic
room and use the stick on the plate. Go next to the dumbwaiter
the bell again.
- Captured again...sigh.
VII - BACK AS CARNBY : THE REVENGE!
- Get the key to free yourself and kill that pirate with
your bare hands.
Take the the sword, use it and follow Grace outside. Dont
worry if you
lose track of Grace. Kill anything you encounter.
- The guy outside will leave the fuse behind. Get it and
go through the door
in front of you. Kill the two guys and get the fire-iron
and the pliers as
well as the key in the corner of the room. Get out.
- Go through the door next to the niche where Grace hid,
kill the guy and
take all his stuff (gun ammo,chainmail,flask,gun).
- Push the barrel to the left and get the chainmail.
- Go through the door at the end of the hallway, close on
the pistol pirate
with your sword, take the ammo and the flask. Dont let anyone
get in your
way to the locked door on that deck. Use the key to get
- You're in the gunpowder room. think twice before firing
your gun. Use the
sword to kill the swordmaster, get the book and the gunpowder
on the upper deck.
- Open all the doors you can, there are two rooms you can
enter. A sleeping
room (dont stay inside too long because you dont want to
pirates) and a room with a cannon. kill the guy sleeping
next to the
cannon and use the pliers to free the cannon. Now PUSH the
cannon to the
left (this move is difficult, the right position is hard
to find). Drop
the barrel anywhere in the sleeping room (Carnby always
places the barrel
next to the wall).
- Use the fuse on the cannon and use the fire-iron for a
- Go into what's left of the sleeping room. Take the flask
and the gold
- Use the gold pieces near the locked doors and kill the
two dwarves. Go
where they came from, take the flask. Go kill the cook behind
take the metallic diamond card and use it on the last locked
- Enter and fall (again) under Elizabeth's spell...
VIII - GRACE AGAIN!
- And Grace saves the day...Use the stick on the statue,
get into the room
and use the chicken's foot. Bye Bye Elizabeth!
IX - BACK AS CARNBY : THE END!
- First, FLEE! that ghost is way too tough for you. Climb
the ladder to get
on the main deck.
- Kill everyone on the bridge. Get the hook and climb up
the mast. Wait for
the guy, hit him once with your sword to make him fall.
Use the hook on
the rope. Kill the karateka. Jump down and take Nichol's
- Free Grace with the pliers. Run to the cannons to stop
the fuse. Now kill
One-Eye Jack! Dont forget to use Nichol's sword and watch
out for fake
- Guess what? THE END!